An extra big challenge for the weekend was just what I needed. First, I was challenged to decide whether to sew this block exactly as in Laurie’s pattern or to change it a little bit and thus avoid the dreaded y-seams. After taking the decision to follow the pattern, it took me at least fifteen minutes to decide on the six prints. I wanted to have green in this block, the square ring would certainly lend itself to this role, but I did not want the ring to dominate the block. So I found me this medium green solid cotton, and I think it works nicely.
I paper-pieced the corner pieces, and “normally” pieced the centre. Then came the last four seams—I remember too well my problems with the setin seams when sewing homemaker lately—and I did them first time every time! Now I’ve earned me an ice cream, I dare say.