An empty flower basket. Okay.
Let’s say there might be flowers in it. Or a piece of cheese and a bottle of wine. Or some sewing stuff, maybe a piece of appliqué waiting to be done.
I had some problems with the basket’s handle. First, I did as described in Laurie Hird’s book: I cut a strip of fabric on the bias and appliquéd it in place. But that did not work. The inside curve was all bumpy. Maybe it would have worked on a six inch block, but not on my small scale. I dumped the whole piece.
Then I cut the handle in its final shape, appliquéd it on the half square triangle, and pieced the block. But now it looks as if I had forgotten to add a seam allowance. The handle is too short. So I ripped it off again.
Finally, I cut a larger handle, in a form that suited me best. I opened the seams only at two points to let in my new handle, and there you are: