Tags

, , , ,

This entry is the sequel to my experience with sewing triangles—a whole quilt only of triangles—Confetti Forest. I already described how I never actually cut any triangles but diamonds instead. After that, I had to sew these diamonds into diagonal rows.

Direction played and important role. I didn’t want any triangles with the same or similar print to meet. And always: dark fabric top, light fabric bottom. That’s why I arranged each and every row before I ever started sewing—and numbered them.

(c) 2015 by hs

(c) 2015 by hs

Starting with only two diamonds in a row, next row with three, then four, and so on. The longest rows are made of 23 diamonds, then diminishing again.

(c) 2015 by hs

(c) 2015 by hs

(c) 2015 by hs

(c) 2015 by hs

Once the 36 rows were done, I could sew them together. Matching points was obligatory, of course, but quite easy indeed. And this is the result:

(c) 2015 by hs

(c) 2015 by hs

I already know how I’m going to quilt it but for the moment, I have put this finished top aside and am working on my New York Beauty Medallion quilt. I am hand quilting the last border now. It will be finished soon and hopefully adorn my sister’s sitting room.

Advertisements