I made some slight changes in choice of colours, number of blocks, and quilt block layout. But apart from that, it truely is the same quilt.
Well, the patchwork blocks are truely the same. And the two applique blocks are as well, except that I did not one but six of each. They fill the space between the patched blocks instead of a single piece block.
I started in January, finished the top without borders then, but it took me until now to quilt and bind it.
Here are some of my darling blocks:
Another novelty for me was using a Hera marker for drawing the quilting lines (making marks without a pen). I am so excited about this new (to me) tool and already can’t imagine how I could do without it for so long.
I hand quilted the blocks with white thread and the border with dark red, and bound it with a cream print. The quilt measures 44 x 52.5 inches.